I was watching something on TV, and it showed a fictional character of intense charisma. I thought, "How did he get that way?" So I surfed on over to Wikipedia and looked up "Charisma."
This part reminded me of Obama:
"The following are Professor Wiseman's general tips on how to be more charismatic:
- General: Open body posture, hands away from face when talking, stand up straight, relax, hands apart with palms forwards or upwards
- To an individual: Let people know they matter and you enjoy being around them, develop a genuine smile, nod when they talk, briefly touch them on the upper arm, and maintain eye contact
- To a group: Be comfortable as leader, move around to appear enthusiastic, lean slightly forward and look at all parts of the group
- Message: Move beyond status quo and make a difference, be controversial, new, simple to understand, counter-intuitive
- Speech: Be clear, fluent, forceful and articulate, evoke imagery, use an upbeat tempo, occasionally slow for tension or emphasis."
I don't know who Professor "Wise man" is. Maybe it's a gag?
Anyway, I thought of a sketch that SNL might consider doing, showing Obama in preparation for his reentry into the political sphere. Just before he enters the Presidential race, he'd be searching Wikipedia for any and all information that could help him.
"Let's see here — charisma — blah blah blah, comfort as a leader, move around, lean forward, blah blah, make a difference, be new, simple, beyond status quo, blah, blah, be clear, forceful, use imagery, blah, blah, slow for emphasis………… Got it!"
"Mr. Obama, you're needed on stage! Are you ready to speak?"
(leaning forward, with slow emphasis) "I am now."If you enjoyed this post, I'd be delighted to have you as a subscriber to my RSS feed.